What we do
LINCCO is a registered charity (119019867RR0001) that:
Supports and promotes the teaching of valuable skills to people in developing countries by providing financial and professional aid to well-run local initiatives that promote the transfer of skills to individuals and from individuals to the family and the community as a whole.
For over 25 years, LINCCO has been making a difference in the lives of people in developing countries through the generous assistance of Canadians of all ages.
We believe that the impetus for development must come from the developing countries themselves. Our role is to strengthen local non-governmental organizations and to foster a sense of solidarity among Canadians and those in developing countries.
How we succeed
LINCCO’s success is based on partnering with:
- Canadian donors and volunteers;
- other Canadian foundations working in developing countries;
- local non-governmental organizations (NGOs) in developing countries.
LINCCO seeks to build strong relationships with our partners so the resources we provide improve or expand successful programs.
LINCCO’s success is built on:
- focusing on skills development as the long-term solution to poverty;
- promoting programs that foster the development of all dimensions of the human person, especially those that foster the role of women;
- partnering with local non-governmental organizations (NGOs) with a record of success. They are making a difference – and LINCCO helps them make more of a difference;
- fostering long-term relationships with NGOs to provide sustained funding.