Punlaan Technical School
Expanding post-secondary training opportunities at Punlaan School in the tourism and hospitality industry for girls from low-income families.
- Location: Manila, Philippines
- Duration of the project: January, 2016 to December, 2017
- Cost: $15,000
- Local Partner: Foundation for Professional Training Inc. (FPTI)
Punlaan School in Manila is a technical-vocational school that offers young female high school graduates a two-year course in culinary arts and institutional services. Since 1975, 12,000 students have completed the program, which leads to a guaranteed job. Punlaan School wants to more than double the number of its students by constructing a new building.
- Punlaan School serves girls from very low-income families whose parents could not afford to send them on for higher education.
- Punlaan School offers Scholarship for students from very low-income families.
- Purchase the equipment and furniture for the kitchen laboratory, baking laboratory, and some classrooms needed for the expansion of the school.
- Increase the number of students from 120 to 250 for the two-year course and by 100 students for the shorter course.
How can you help?
You can contribute:
▪Online at www.lincco.org. Give online!
▪By cheque, send to the address below.
630 Sherbrooke Street West, Suite 400
Montreal, Quebec, H3A 1E4
Your donation will go directly to our project in the Philippines
Fund-raising Activities in the Toronto area:
Brunch for Punlaan, September 23, Saturday, 10:30 am at Northmount School, 26 Mallard Road, North York, On, M3B 1S3. Tickets price: $30 for individuals, $50 for couples and $100 for families.