Medical aid project
Project Objective: to bring medical care to people in rural areas in Uganda where there are few doctors and limited medical supplies.
Collaborate with local medical clinics and hospitals to augment their medical services.
- Place: Luweero, Uganda
- Duration: 2015-2017
- Cost: $50 000
- Local Partner: Kelim Foundation and Diocese of Kasana-Luweero
Ugandan medical doctors educated abroad are sent on missions to Luweero district in Uganda to provide medical care at hospitals and clinics. They work in collaboration with medical centers of the diocese.
- Provide primary care to patients seeking medical attention at out-patient clinics at 8 centers in the diocese of Kasana-Luweero
- Collaborate with local health care providers to improve services
- Supply pharmaceutical drugs and medical goods that are lacking in these medical centers.
Uganda is an underdeveloped country in which poverty, illiteracy, a lack of services and a high incidence of HIV/AIDS are just some of the major challenges facing health care providers. Medical centers lack material resources, standard diagnostic equipment and medical personnel, often there is not even one medical doctor on staff. The people in the targeted area are dependent on subsistence farming and have no disposable income to pay for a doctor or for prescription drugs. Many people rely on herbal remedies and seek professional medical care only when they are extremely ill. Expectant mothers rely on traditional birth attendants which increases the rate of maternal and infant mortality when complications arise. The majority of people who seek care are women and children.
Our partner in Uganda
Kelim Foundation in Uganda which works in partnership with hospitals and clinics in the diocese of Kasana-Luweero and provides funds for drugs and medical staff
How can you help?
You can support LINCCO financially, requesting that your support be directed to our project in Uganda:
- by internet at www.lincco.org
- by cheque sent to the address below.
630 Sherbrooke Street West, Suite 400